- I got into longboarding in 1998 I lived at the top of a big hill with a 20 min walk down a gravel path to school and I figured if I rode a skateboard it would allow me more time to sleep in before I went to school
What was your first longboard?
- My first board was a snowboard with some wide Indy trucks and some orange Krypto classic wheels. My first actual board was a "Pacific Border Pipeliner" a gift from my high school sweetheart who is now my wife.
When did you get you're first Landyachtz? What was it?
- In Early 2000 I purchased my first landyachtz longboard a "Chief" and man was that a cool board.
Briefly describe your best (worst I guess you could say) crash?
I have two crashes of equally horrible caliber. The first was in '04, I was just in front of my parent's home in Deep Cove North Vancouver getting ready to for a skate with some friends. I was dicking around on someone else's board when a friend of mine (who doesn't longboard) drove by in his yellow pickup so obviously I grabbed the tailgate. He floored it and before I knew it we were doing 50k and the wobbles started and before I had time to freak out I was on the pavement. I was wearing a red t-shirt and a blue half-lid. Once I stopped moving there was a 20 foot skid mark of red cotton raw flesh and blue plastic. It took 20 min to get all of the blue plastic out of my back that I picked up off the pavement while I was sliding. That crash left me with some 3rd degree burns deep in shoulder muscle and a nice scar to boot.
The second was in early '06 I was skating down Seymour with one other rider and we were in the last corner a left sweeper before the end of the hill. Just in the apex of the corner there was a big patch of oil that a car had dropped all over the lane. The oil put me into a big slide across the road I thought I had it and when I went to hook the slide back up I got chucked ass over tea kettle and landed on the back of my head. Split my bucket it two and went blind for 20 min probably the scariest 20 min of my life.
Greatest longboarding experience?
In October of 2006 the crew from the "Push for the Cure" Brest cancer fundraiser were nearing the end of their cross Canada skate and they called upon other longborders to join them for the final 3 days of their push. I joined them in Hope BC to push the last 150km with them and about 60 other longborders from across the country. I raised a good sum of money to contribute and pushed my ass off for three days.
I am 24 years old
Confirmed top speed?
- My top speed is one hundred and five Km/h
My favorite board is the "lil Gaffer"
My first longboard race was Danger Bay 4
My favorite hill would have to be, either the race hill at Top Challenge or the Bonus round of McGoldrick's style comp or Silverstar Road
North Vancouver BC
The sound the wind makes in my helmet when I'm going real fast
List of races and results?
-Danger Bay 4 ................16th or something
-Vernon DH 1 ...............14th
-Splash for Cash '05 .........3rd
-Danger Bay 5.................9th
-Top Challenge '06............7th
Hill you have to hit before you're done?
- Done? I will never be done. But the longest paved decent in the world is in Hawaii and it is 34 Miles long that would be pretty cool.